Welcome to AH&LA's Social Media
Content is courtesy of TIG Global, an allied member specializing in hotel Internet marketing for the travel industry.
Social media, also known as Web 2.0, is enabling travelers to have conversations about your brand, ultimately affecting their beliefs and decisions. In order to stay connected to your guests, click on the links below to learn more about social media, and check out blog entries from Joe McInerney, AH&LA president and CEO.
- Facebook – A highly effective business tool to reach your audience in a social network of more than 250 million users.
- Twitter – A communication platform that allows you to quickly share updates with 140 characters or less.
- Traveler-Generated Content – User-generated content that helps travelers gather advice for their travel needs.
- Blogs and RSS Feeds – Websites that are maintained by individuals and encourage interactive dialogue.
- Yelp – Learn how to leverage this consumer review site into free marketing and PR.
- LivingSocial – Find out more about how this collective buying power model works.
“In between cloud computing, I tweeted and posted streaming video to my RSS, and I’m hoping it will go viral.” If you’re at all confused, visit our Buzzword Glossary.
|Content is courtesy of TIG Global, an allied member specializing in hotel Internet marketing for the travel industry.